Fudan University NDMA poisoning case: Roommate suspect arrested

By | April 19, 2013

According to the Xinhua News, on April 19, police arrested the suspect Lin, the roommate of the student who died due to NDMA (N-Nitrosodimethylamine) poisoning in the Fudan University.

According to police sources, on April 1, 2010 graduate student, Huang of the Fudan University did not feel well after drinking some water and exhibited signs of poisoning, and was sent to the hospital for treatment. But the poisoning was so severe that the student passed away on 16 April in the hospital.

Preliminary investigation identified that, Huang had arguments with Lin on daily life issues prior to the case who on March 31 collected the remaining poisoning chemical compound NDMA after doing experiments on the toxic compounds in the laboratory and brought to bedroom. Lin injected the posion into the water dispenser. On the morning of April 1, after drinking Huang showed some symptoms of poisoning, and died on April 16 after hospital treatment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.