China Social Psychology Research Report 2012-2013: 64% migrant workers felt the “social injustice”

The “China Social Psychology Research Report 2012-2013″ (” social psychology Blue Book “) was published by Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in January of 2013. The report surveyed migrant workers (farmer worker or 农民工) from 5 provinces and cities, being Beijing, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Sichuan. In answering the issue of “social fairness”, 25.7% of migrant workers chose “very unfair”, 38.3% answered “rather unfair”, in other words a total of 64% of migrant workers felt social injustice. In answering degree of unfair treatment received by working in the cities, 14.9% of migrant workers answered “very much”, 32% answered “much”, that is 47.1%, or almost half of migrant workers experienced unfair treatment.

In respect of the comments on the saying “The fact that they cannot obtain urban hukou (registered permanent residence, 户口), affected migrant workers’ job opportunities and income levels in the cities”, 67.4% of surveyed migrant workers agreed.

Source: 中国新闻网(ChinaNews)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.