China March air quality conditions report (74 cities) released

By | April 20, 2013

 74 cities air quality conditions report in March

The person in charge of the Ministry of Environmental Protection recently released to the media the “74 urban air quality conditions report” for March as well as the first quarter of 2013.

Results showed that the in March air quality condition is qualified for 54.4% of the total days, which meant that in the rest days (45.6%) the air quality will be below standard, this also included days with mild pollution which accounted for 26.9% and moderate pollution accounted for 10.0%, severe pollution accounted for 5.9%, extreme pollution accounted for 2.8% . The primary pollutants measured include PM2.5 and PM10. In term of PM2.5, the average exceeding rate was 36.5%, and 30.4% for PM10.

Evaluation in accordance with the composite index of the quality of urban air, heavy air pollution were found in Tangshan, Shijiazhuang, Xi’an, Chengdu, Xingtai, Baoding, Xining, Handan, Langfang and Taiyuan (part this month’s air conditions were caused by deterioration of air quality and dust weather); better air quality was found in Haikou Zhoushan, Lhasa, Fuzhou, Huizhou, Zhuhai, Lishui, Shenzhen, Xiamen and Zhangjiakou.

With the recent poor air quality across the nation, some netizens who are lucky to live in the cities with better air quality even joked like this:

“When I arrived at Haikou, the breathing became more smooth.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.