According to the ChinaNews, China on Tuesday issued a white paper on national defense elaborating its new security concept and peacetime employment of armed forces.
The document, the eighth of its kind the Chinese government has issued since 1998, says China advocates a new security concept featuring mutual trust, mutual benefit, equality and coordination, and pursues comprehensive security, common security and cooperative security.
“China will never seek hegemony or behave in a hegemonic manner, nor will it engage in military expansion,” the white paper says.
The paper elaborates the country’s diversified employment of the armed forces in the peaceful times, saying that it responds to China’s core security needs and aims to maintain peace, contain crises and win wars.
Chinese armed forces are employed to safeguard border, coastal and territorial air security, strengthen combat-readiness and combat-oriented exercises and drills, it says.
They would readily respond to and resolutely deter any provocative action which undermines China’s sovereignty, security and territorial integrity, it says.
The full text of the original Chinese reported is automatically translated as follows:
BEIJING, April 16 – the diversification of China’s armed forces use
The Information Office of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China
Table of Contents
A new situation, new challenges, new mission
Second, the Armed Forces of the construction and development
Third, the defense of national sovereignty, security, territorial integrity
Fourth, the protection of national economic and social development
Fifth, maintenance of world peace and regional stability
In today’s era of peace and development are facing new opportunities and challenges. Firmly grasp the opportunity to jointly cope with challenges, cooperation in maintaining security, and work together to achieve the development of the times given the historic mission of the people of all countries.
The path of peaceful development, China’s unswerving will of the state and the strategic choice. China unswervingly pursues an independent foreign policy of peace and a defensive national defense policy, opposes all forms of hegemonism and power politics, and non-interference in other’s internal affairs, and never hegemony, never seek hegemony or engage in military expansion forever. China advocated mutual trust, mutual benefit, equality and coordination of a new security concept, seeking to achieve comprehensive security, common security and cooperative security.
Construction commensurate with China’s international status, compatible with national security and development interests to consolidate national defense and a powerful army, is the strategic task of China’s modernization, but also the strong protection of China’s peaceful development. China’s armed forces to adapt to the new demands of national development and security strategies, to adhere to the position of the guiding ideology of the scientific concept of development, accelerate the transformation of the mode of generating combat capabilities, building a modern military force system of Chinese characteristics, the times to strengthen the military strategic guidance to expand the armed forces to use way to provide security and strategic support for national development and make due contributions to safeguarding world peace and regional stability.
A new situation, new challenges, new mission
Since the new century, the world is undergoing profound and complex changes, peace and development remain the themes of the times. Economic globalization and world multi-polarization in-depth development, cultural diversity, social information continues to advance, the basic trend of the international balance of power in favor of maintaining the world peace, and maintain the overall peace and stability, the international situation. At the same time, the world is still far from being tranquil, hegemonism and power politics and the neo-interventionism increased local turbulence occurs frequently and hotspot issues keep emerging, traditional and non-traditional security challenges are interwoven and interactive, more fierce competition in the international military field, international The sudden security issues, relevance, comprehensiveness significantly increased. The Asia-Pacific region is increasingly becoming an important stage of the development of the world economy and great power strategic game, the adjustment of U.S. Asia-Pacific security strategy, the regional pattern of profound adjustment.
Firmly grasp and make good use of development of important strategic opportunities, modernization achievements remarkable, comprehensive national strength is a quantum leap, a significant improvement in people’s lives, and overall social stable cross-strait relations have maintained a momentum of peaceful development, international competitiveness and influence continues to increase. However, China still faces diverse and complex security threats and challenges, the survival of the security issues and the development of security issues, traditional security threats and non-traditional security threats are intertwined, safeguard national unity, safeguarding the territorial integrity of heavy and arduous task of safeguarding the interests of development. Some countries deepen Asia-Pacific military alliance to expand its military presence frequent manufacture of tensions in the region. Individual neighboring countries to take on China’s territorial sovereignty and maritime rights and interests are involved to complicate matters, expansion move, create disturbances Japan on the Diaoyu Islands issue. Three evil forces “of terrorism, separatism and extremism,” the threat of rising. “Taiwan independence” separatist forces and their separatist activities remain the biggest threat to the peaceful development of cross-strait relations. The major natural disasters, security incidents, and public health events frequently, affect social harmony and stability factors increase, rising national interests overseas security risk. Mechanized form of war accelerated the evolution of information warfare, countries are vigorously developing military high-tech, to seize the strategic high ground of space, cyberspace, international competition.
In the face of complex and volatile security environment, the PLA resolutely fulfill the historical mission of the new century and new stage, the expansion of the national security strategy and military strategy vision, aims at winning local wars under conditions of informatization actively logistics peacetime armed forces use, more effective response to kinds of security threats and accomplish diverse military tasks.
Diversification of China’s armed forces use, adhere to the following basic policies and principles:
- Safeguarding national sovereignty, security, territorial integrity, and the protection of national peace and development. This is the purpose of strengthening national defense construction in China, the Constitution and the law of the sacred duty of China’s armed forces. Unswervingly implement the military strategy of active defense, preparedness and resisting aggression, curbing separatist forces, to defend the border, coastal, air defense, security, and safeguarding the country’s maritime rights and interests and security interests in space and cyberspace. Adhere to the “people do not make me, I do not prisoners, if we are attacked, I will of prisoners” to take all necessary measures to resolutely safeguard national sovereignty and territorial integrity.
- Aims at winning local wars under conditions of informatization, expand and deepen the preparations for military struggle. Preparations for military struggle steadfastly to basis points on winning local wars under conditions of informatization, will coordinate development of the various strategic direction of the preparations for military struggle, strengthen the branches of the military forces combined use, improve the combat capability of the system based on information. Innovation and development of the people’s war strategy and tactics, to promote the development of military and civilian integration, improve the quality of national defense mobilization and reserve force building. Comprehensively improve the day-to-day level of combat readiness, to strengthen targeted combat readiness exercise drills, meticulously organizing patrols and duty of the edge of the sea air defense combat readiness, and properly deal with the various crises and major incidents.
- Establish a comprehensive concept of security, and to effectively carry out the non-war military operations tasks. Adapt to new security threats change, emphasis on peacetime use of the armed forces. Actively participate in and support the country’s economic and social development, and resolutely fulfill the difficult and perilous task of disaster relief. In accordance with the law to fulfill the task of safeguarding national security and stability functions, resolutely subversive activities against hostile forces to fight against all kinds of violence and terrorist activities, carry out security alert. Action capacity-building to strengthen emergency rescue, maritime escort, evacuation of overseas citizens overseas to provide reliable security guarantee for safeguarding national interests abroad.
- To deepen security cooperation, and to fulfill its international obligations. China’s armed forces is an advocate of international security cooperation, promoters and participants. Adhere to the Five Principles of Peaceful Coexistence, and engage in foreign military exchanges all-round development of the non-aligned, non-confrontational and not directed against third-party military cooperation relations, promote the establishment of a fair and effective collective security mechanisms and military mutual trust mechanism. Insisted on opening up, pragmatic, and the concept of cooperation, deepen the same countries the military exchanges and cooperation, to strengthen border areas CBMs, promoting maritime security dialogue and cooperation, and to participate in UN peacekeeping operations, international cooperation against terrorism, international escort and disaster relief operations, held and foreign joint exercise training. Conscientiously perform their due international responsibilities and obligations, and to play an active role in safeguarding world peace, security, stability.
- In strict accordance with action, strict policy discipline. China’s armed forces to abide by the Constitution and laws, to comply with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations, adhere to the law to use military force, action according to law. Strict implementation of laws, regulations and policies, adherence to the discipline of the masses, in accordance with the law, disaster relief, maintenance of stability at the sudden and security guard tasks. The basis of the Charter of the United Nations and recognized norms governing international relations, adhere to the law within the framework of action in the bilateral and multilateral treaties, to ensure the legitimacy of the foreign military action. Develop and improve laws and regulations and policies and systems, and in strict accordance with the regulations and rules management forces diversified use to provide legal protection for the armed forces.